Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Need Help Fixing 1983 G10 with 250 4.1 L6

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2022, 4:42 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Need Help Fixing 1983 G10 with 250 4.1 L6

Hi Everyone new here...and new to online forums. I need a place to chat with good folks who are mechanically inclined and can help me problem solve a few issues. I'm very excited as i recently obtained a 1983 Chevy G10 sport van. It has the inline 6 250 motor and 4 speed automatic. Anyways it runs and drives but there are a few loose ends I'd like to tie up with it and I'm having a difficult time figuring this motor out...even with a Haynes manual which was my first go to about any sort of information on these models and years and motors. Test drove it when buying it and the brakes locked up when trying to drive it home and had it towed. Motor runs strong and transmission seems fine. Brakes are obviously an issue at the moment but I have that under control. what my issue is....is that there are a few vacuum lines missing and I want to add some temp gauges to keep an eye on the performance to make sure she is not over heating and has good oil pressure. Mine came with idiot lights and im having difficulty finding and identifying the sensors. I wanna make sure everything works and performs to be road worthy as I'm getting prepared for van life and this is going to be my first conversion and seems like a solid rig once tuned up. I'm also in the middle of a paint job but it has been raining for days. Lot's of cool and fun stuff to show the community and could bring some things to the table. Just need some help and hope this is a great place to find some support and also offer it. I don't know much about these vans yet or but am learning and
would appreciate some support.