Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

No Coolant expansion tank??????!?

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2018 | 3:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default No Coolant expansion tank??????!?

Hey guys,

I've got a bit of an odd one. So, it's come to my attention that my 1992 Chevy G20 5.7 Camper doesn't seem to have a coolant expansion tank? It has a rear heater (made by ACME of all companies) which seems to get heat, but there isn't an expansion tank anywhere in the system.

Is this normal? Should there be one? Where should it be if there is one? Under the bonnet there doesn't seem to be much space for one. Could someone post a picture of what it's meant to look like?

Thanks
Old December 14th, 2018 | 5:20 AM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by Dunksterp
Hey guys,

I've got a bit of an odd one. So, it's come to my attention that my 1992 Chevy G20 5.7 Camper doesn't seem to have a coolant expansion tank? It has a rear heater (made by ACME of all companies) which seems to get heat, but there isn't an expansion tank anywhere in the system.

Is this normal? Should there be one? Where should it be if there is one? Under the bonnet there doesn't seem to be much space for one. Could someone post a picture of what it's meant to look like?

Thanks
Might be they couldnt place it high enough.You can always add one.