Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

no load mis fire blue smoke

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2012, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heres what i got

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
What are the code numbers? It has to have a code in it due to the missing cat? Either P0420 or Po430 depending on which one is missing. You can not move the injectors around due to the fact the are in the intake and are and assembly. The injector assembly has been updated due to a known problem with them. Unless you "O2 codes" are for the heater circuit they are most likely seeing the problem (rich or lean) and are not the problem. Bad O2 sensor could cause a misfire if they read rich but the system truly not rich then the computer could pull back the fuel creating said misfire. Post the code numbers then we can go from there. 95% of the time on the 5.7 if the ignition system is working correctly then they have bad injectors.
these are the code in that autozone pulled

po134,po131,po135,po141,po151,po154,po155,po161,po 506,p1133,p1153

now today a shop friend hooked up his mac scanner and it had lot in history, but he found #7 cylinder no fire. the rest showed zero 7 went up to 154 i think and re cycled. im not sure nor did he on just what the reading ment but he was sure it was no fire on 7. I went home ohmed the cap on 7 and it was good. didnt get to pull plug, but plugs looked ok when i changed them few days ago. in hopes it was just a badly needed tune up.. the only other thing is some prior mechanic replaced the distributor hold down with a old style so you can turn it. its as far counter-clockwise as it will go, scanner showed timing was at 0

Last edited by jdshwk; September 6th, 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Too many codes. Need to work on the misfire code, clear the rest and see what comes back especially since they are not current. Pull the wire off number seven and see if it has spark coming out. If so is it blue or yellow. Does it change the way it idles at all when the wire is off?