Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Pedal Commander anyone?

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2019, 7:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pedal Commander anyone?

Had installed a Pedal Commander on my RAM 2500 and was very happy with the adjustable throttle response time. Upshifts were longer especially towing my 7600# trailer. My new 3500 6.0L passenger van seems to upshift quicker than I like. In manual mode, I can control the time in each gear until max RPM. But it's not very efficient as a driver. I would like the RPMs to say higher longer when accelerating from a stop. It will help with "towability". Anyone use a PC on these vans when towing?
Old October 27th, 2019, 8:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 660 Likes on 599 Posts

No. I just use the tow/haul switch and haven't had any issues.
Old October 27th, 2019, 10:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What I've noticed is that in "tow haul" mode with these vans, transmission shift points are virtually the same as regular driving mode. These 1-2 shift point is very early on accelerations unless you mash the "go" pedal to the floor. Even then, it wants to shift way too early. The trans responds better in manual mode where you can hold rpms to redline (if needed) on inclines and aggressive acceleration. With my RAM 2500, "tow haul" changed those timings significantly and it helped big time when towing in the mountains.

With an upcoming trip next year to Alaska, I'm trying to find the right recipe. An engine/trans tune can be done. Unfortunately, I only have 2000 miles on the van and don't want to test a warranty claim against an aftermarket tune.

I may just go forward with PC and see how it behaves with the 6 speed and trailer in tow