Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Power windows.

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2022, 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power windows.

Hello all. New to this forum. Recently I bought a 2010 Chevy Express 1500 hi top conversion van by Explorer with 54,000 miles. The problem I am experiencing is with my power windows and backup camera. Its an intermittent problem. From time to time for no apparent reason neither front power windows will work. One day it works and all of a sudden it won't. Plus when my windows decide not to work I get a message on my backup camera that says service backup camera system. When I start the van up I put it in reverse to see what happens if the camera works my windows on driver and passenger side both work but if I get the service camera system neither side works. My mechanic had the van for 2 weeks and tried it everyday and of course they worked so he couldn't do anything till the problem arose. Is there anyone here ever experience this problem and how was it corrected. Thankyou you for any information that anyone can provide.

Last edited by Proline1988; April 7th, 2023 at 5:58 PM. Reason: Corrections in spelling
Old February 1st, 2022, 2:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

It could be faulty ground points.
Grab a schematic from gmupfitter.com and start tracing with a multimeter.
Old February 7th, 2022, 5:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Proline1988
Hello all. New to this forum. Recently I bought a 2010 Chevy Express 1500 hi top conversion van by Explorer with 54,000 miles. The problem I am experiencing is with my power windows and backup camera. Its an intermittent problem. From time to time for no apparent reason neither front power window will work. One day it works and all of a sudden it won't. Plus when my windows decide not to work I get a message on my backup camera that says service backup camera system. When I start the van up I put it in reverse to see what happens if the camera works my windows on driver and passenger side both work but if I get the service camera system neither side works. My mechanic had the van for 2 weeks and tried it everyday and of course they worked so he couldn't do anything till the problem arose. Is there anyone here ever experience this problem and how was it corrected. Thankyou you for any information that anyone can provide.

Hello. Sorry your having mechanical problems. They suck but are part of the process I guess. I know the hardest part is trusting someone to fix for the right price. I just went through something similar with my 1998 Express 1500. It turned out to the the motor which was close to $60 at the auto parts store. I first tried the regulator, which because of the year of my van was hard to find and I had to get from a salvage yard, that regulator came with a motor so I thought I had a "new motor". That did not work and then I tried a new switch which I bought on EBay and that did not work. People were telling me to get the wires tested because where the door opens and closes right by the front hinges there is wire running through to the door and that can get frayed. Others were saying I needed a brand new motor, not from a salvage yard and they were CORRECT. That fixed the problem. The hardest part about changing the motor is that the regulator is "riveted" to the door so its not like you can just unscrew to get to the motor housing. With all that said, the first thing I would check is the motor and secondly the switch and then if that doesn't work its probably your wires getting frayed. I hope this helps.