Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Rear AC delete help

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2020, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear AC delete help

2007 gmc savana 1500 awd passenger van (not extended). I'm deleting the rear AC in my van and I have the line caps to do so but the instructions dont say where to put them or how much refrigerant to use when recharging. Anyone else have experience with this?
Old April 27th, 2020, 5:11 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Disconnect battery. Deduce the 2 hoses coming from 3 way heater hose. Other 2 hoses are them. I'm about pull mine too. Cant say best way to handle interior panels. But I use e6000 everytime I mess up
Old May 5th, 2020, 8:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ray caldwell
Disconnect battery. Deduce the 2 hoses coming from 3 way heater hose. Other 2 hoses are them. I'm about pull mine too. Cant say best way to handle interior panels. But I use e6000 everytime I mess up

Slack left

Finally got the a c hoses off. You really dont realize how long they are till you pull them. You never said why you wanted to delete. Pulled mine cause it never worked. If i want ac ill get a micro unit i can run with my generator
Old May 14th, 2020, 9:13 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Usually it’s the thermal expansion valve, located on the rear AC hear exchanger, that is the reason for the rear AC not working. It’s a relatively easy fix and then the rear ac works like a champ.

Peter
Old June 4th, 2020, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MiragePilot
Usually it’s the thermal expansion valve, located on the rear AC hear exchanger, that is the reason for the rear AC not working. It’s a relatively easy fix and then the rear ac works like a champ.

Peter
Hi!

Do you now were to bye this expansion valve?

Tommy 🙂
Old June 4th, 2020, 8:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You need to be careful that you buy the correct valve, because the rear AC unit could be OEM or aftermarket, and the thermal expansion valves are not the same. The valve in my conversion van was not Chevy OEM, so they had to order an aftermarket valve. RockAuto has the valves, and so will your local Chevy dealer.