Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Regular Production Codes

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2019, 7:19 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nah, use the Park Solenoid. The Shift Lock. GM even recommends it.

https://dan.berladyn.online/gm/autom...-lock-control/

Maybe you would have to pull your power from there via a relay, rather than add to it as the schematic suggests, but I think I would look into this wire if I was doing what you were thinking.

Last edited by dberladyn; July 28th, 2019 at 7:22 PM.
Old July 29th, 2019, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Here ya go. Fast idle ...

I find that the windshield ice scraper works really well for this. Also doubles as a brake bleeder buddy.
Old July 29th, 2019, 1:03 AM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
Here ya go. Fast idle ...

I find that the windshield ice scraper works really well for this. Also doubles as a brake bleeder buddy.

I am not so sure that that is going to be "wife approved". Maybe try it out with your upcoming date to the island and let us know what she thinks.
Old July 29th, 2019, 4:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

We will be putting a different kind of pedal to the metal. No vans on that trip.
Old July 29th, 2019, 9:26 AM
CF Pro Member

We will be putting a different kind of pedal to the metal. No vans on that trip.
Maybe it still works if you try shoving it in the right place?
Old July 29th, 2019, 2:11 PM
CF Pro Member

You don't have frontal air bags?
From reading the Bulletins, the Updates, I guess they UPDATE their descriptions which makes sense. This is what it states for AK5 four years later:

Air bags, frontal, driver and right-front passenger
1 - Includes passenger-side air bag deactivation switch. Included with (ZX2) driver and front passenger high-back bucket seats or (ZP6) 5-passenger Savana Crew Van Package. Not available with (ZX1) driver only high-back bucket seat or (AJ3) driver-side only front

I am going to believe that it is simply because I have C99, which is probably from some form of Cargo option/modification package to the standard package.
Old July 29th, 2019, 2:16 PM
CF Pro Member

I wonder what is on the passenger side if you just have this AJ3 code:

Air bag, frontal, driver-side only (deletes passenger-side)
1 - Included and only available with (ZX1) driver-only high-back bucket seat. Not available with (ZX2) driver and front passenger high-back bucket seats or (ZP6) 5-passenger Savana Crew Van Package. NOTE: Passenger seat is removed when ordered and cannot be added back in. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.

Do they put an airbag-less panel in there or is it simply not connected? I kind of wish I had that option (for the insurance bureaucracy) because then I could build a glovebox. It is probably only an RPO code for those transit vans where they remove the passenger door and install a third party body all the way up into the cab. No seat. That's definitely what that is.