Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Security system

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2020, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security system

I am working on my daughters 1999 Express van 5.7L. Van died while driving about 2months ago. Checked it no spark or fuel. Couldn’t communicate with the ecm. Towed home sent ecm to the manufacturer since it was 8 months old. They said it was bad, received too much volts. Sent me a new one. Found the problem, a wire was touching ground blowing the ecm1 fuse. Repaired it fuse did not blow again. Did relearn but not it starts and dies. Did relearn several times but didn’t work. The passlock module was also in warranty, sent it back and they said it was locked up. Sent me a new one. Did relearn several times won’t stay running. Has code P1626, not receiving fuel enable password. Purchased a Pro module to bypass the system, installed it did the relearn still the same , starts and dies, code P1626. Did all the troubleshooting with them and they said return it for a refund they didn’t know what was wrong. Hopefully someone out there has some experience with the passlock 3 system and can help. Thanks in advance
Old September 1st, 2020, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

Update I watch a video and combine yellow and orange & black wire to bypass security system. Did the relearn again but still won’t start, same thing. It seems like the relearn may have worked because the security light does not blink while cranking. What else could it be?
Old September 16th, 2020, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Security

Well after watching many you tube videos and countless comments I stumbled across a wiring diagram and some test to do. It was pure accident. Anyway it is fixed. One of the test was to check resistance from B4 wire of VTD to #2 wire at the DLC. There was a splice and that was the problem. Repaired it with a solder connector and did the relearn again and it runs. Guess there are not many people who have worked on the passlock system.