Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Shopping for a new van, couple of GM questions?

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2014 | 9:03 AM
CF Beginner

Default Shopping for a new van, couple of GM questions?

May be time for a new van, so I test drove a 2013 3500 this weekend. Noticed a couple of things I'm used to on my old van are not present.

Biggest deal is a driver assist handle. My wife at 5'1" needs something to grab hold of getting into a tall vehicle. I'm afraid the steering wheel would be the choice and that isn't so good for the long term. Is this even an option on the GM 3500s?

Second, the ones I looked at did not have a convex passenger mirror. Again, is that just how these particular vans were equipped or did GM decide to go 1:1 on the passenger mirror??

Other than that I think I liked it, but the assist handle may be a show stopper.

Thanks!

Last edited by jtexfisher; October 6th, 2014 at 9:04 AM. Reason: can't type this early
Old October 6th, 2014 | 9:53 AM
CF Veteran

Left hand on door handle, and right hand on wheel as you get in. Then you are not pulling hard on the wheel as you get in. I thought the handles were only on the passenger sides.
I bought a couple or round convex to stick on. I like have two normal mirrors for depth perception. They are big enough to add the round convex.
Don't buy a white cargo. Unless peeling paint is ok to you.
Old October 6th, 2014 | 11:45 PM
CF Beginner

i hate that gm paint jobs are so thin