Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Tail lights

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2005, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail lights

I have a 1999 Express 3500, extended 15 seater. I'm having a lot of trouble with the tail lights. Bulbs are all fine. Signals flash too fast, when the brakes are applied ,all the lights go out except for the back-up lights, which come on. I check all the bulbs and they are fine when I put them back in. A couple days later more problems occur. This is driving me nuts. Is there a harness ground or something that could be bad? I'm not impressed with the type of socket being used for the bulbs, is there a newer replacement socket I can use?</P>

</P>

Thanks for any help.</P>
Old December 21st, 2006, 9:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Tail lights

i have an 01 and the dealer here had run a jumper ground wire for the brake bulb outside of the lens to a ground point. after i removed it i have intermittent problems like yours. so i am going to put the wire back. passenger side by the way
Old December 22nd, 2006, 9:59 PM
CF Pro Member

ORIGINAL: vinster888

i have an 01 and the dealer here had run a jumper ground wire for the brake bulb outside of the lens to a ground point. after i removed it i have intermittent problems like yours. so i am going to put the wire back. passenger side by the way
Not a very impressive fix by the dealer ... but it seems to work.
Old June 8th, 2007, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem and fixed it the same way. I am having problems with my back up lights. I have a 99 s-10 and the back up lights won't come on when I throw it in reverse. Any help?

Old August 23rd, 2007, 4:03 PM
jdonline

ORIGINAL: vinster888

That sounds a little out of the usual. Is there no other way to solve that problem concerning the taillights?
Old September 3rd, 2007, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

The problem is caused by a poor ground wire connection. Where this is is the tough part. Easy cure is to add a ground wire (common wire to all lights) from the light cluster to the van body.