Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Trans cable adjustment???

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2018, 2:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome here. Ron (Teammuir1) put GMC badges on his Express, but we disagree on what it is. He says it's a GMC Express, and I say it's a Chevy Savannah. Either way, he's not goin' anywhere, and you shouldn't either.
Old March 24th, 2018, 2:28 PM
DWB
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I know it's the same van??? I got the windows tinted and the drivers side wrapped in vinyl. I got an alarm on it and plan on a back up camera and beeper. The beeper is easy and the camera should be too. I have been building out the inside for my work.
Old March 24th, 2018, 3:37 PM
CF Veteran

For 99.9%, same van. An option or two offered on one and not the other would be my guess. But everything I look up in Rock Auto lists the same year GMC and my Chevy.

I got a nifty back up cam. It's built in to the center brake lens. There's a pic of it on the first page of my build thread, and a link to it on page 4, post 33. It hooks up to any stereo unit that has that option.
Old March 24th, 2018, 8:50 PM
DWB
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVan
For 99.9%, same van. An option or two offered on one and not the other would be my guess. But everything I look up in Rock Auto lists the same year GMC and my Chevy.

I got a nifty back up cam. It's built in to the center brake lens. There's a pic of it on the first page of my build thread, and a link to it on page 4, post 33. It hooks up to any stereo unit that has that option.
Oh nice,,, I was looking at this one.
https://www.rearviewsafety.com/media..._lowresnew.pdf
Do you have a linky for your van build thread?
Old March 24th, 2018, 9:36 PM
CF Veteran

The link is in my sig line at the bottom of each post I make. "Le Moose"

That's a nice setup. That's the exact lens I have. That multiplexer makes it so you can have multiple cameras. I'm thinking I want a second rear camera, at the trailer hitch. It would make backing up to, and hooking up a trailer. I have two more cameras, and a switch. I just need to find a slick way to mount the switch. I'm thinking the third one will go on the front.