Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

what vehicle did these wheel come off

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2022, 10:07 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default what vehicle did these wheel come off

what vehicle did these wheel come off seller doesn't know proballey ran off w/it.
I think this could be a GM made rim.

will it fit the 05 chevy express 3500 8 lug?

will my rear door tire carrier have a hub type holder or just a couple studs holding rim? like I'd rather test fit rim on the carrier. I don't have a floor jack w/ me (I'm still away from home). when it warms up I'll remove the spare cover.

my spare is dry rotted where the sun beams on it inbetween door & carrier, the cracks are no thicker than a hair. I'm planning new rims then purchase only 4 Michelins.

I was thinking it mite be a good idea to stuff this spare into a black hefty bag (or maybe canvas) to cover the exposed part of tire to prevent or slow down the dry rot process.

edit: the tires that are on the van are LT245/75/16 the spare is a full sized tire.
this new spare I'm wanting is a tad wider at LT265/75/16 what are the chances new tire is to wide to fit inside carriers cover?
I just google search the image it appears to be a ford f250 rim

thanks for advice

Last edited by the Brain; December 26th, 2022 at 10:26 AM.
Old December 26th, 2022, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 662 Likes on 601 Posts

Well if he really wants to sell them, then he'll measure the bolt pattern for you. But they don't like any factory GM wheels I've ever seen.
The following users liked this post:
the Brain (December 27th, 2022)
Old December 27th, 2022, 9:51 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought this rim was GM. google thinks it's a ford.not sure if there interchangable
I've been informed that the vans require a certain offset. these orginal wheels sure appear small on the back.

I was planning to get new aluiminum rims on this white van I believe they are made by american racing.
the white van upper left
05 pleasure way lexor td - Google Search

the van tire size is LT245/75/16 e rating 116 or higher.
there's another seller w/ aluiminum H3 hummer rims however these tires are wider LT285/75/17 and taller.
what are the chances of these rims fitting the van?BF Goodrich LT285/75 R 17 & Rims - auto wheels & tires - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

thanks
Old December 27th, 2022, 4:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 662 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by the Brain
what are the chances
Don't guess. I've learned from that mistake (got stranded in the bush)
I test fit the wheel right on my vehicle in front of the seller. And it has already saved my ***.
The following users liked this post:
the Brain (December 27th, 2022)