Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

when will the express have a makeover?

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2014, 12:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Partly my point. Replacing a full size work truck with a eurovan half the size with half the ability is filling a need for some, but screwing over others. Sure 30% fuel savings would save me over 2 grand a year. But I need a full length van, not a half size one.
Ford is tossing the E series, and they are retarded for it. If GM follows suit, then what are tradespeople supposed to do?
If GM adds this type of van to the line up and keeps the express then fine....
Old May 11th, 2014, 8:26 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They aren't going to get rid of full size vans, they are just adding this as an option, and I am assuming that they will just change the full size ones too. So for example, ford has the tiny transit van like this one, and all the way up to the sprinter sized ones. I am betting chevy will do the same.

Nissan does the same,

Old May 11th, 2014, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

83.2" on that ford I will not be able to get it in the garage.

Things I would like to see on a new ful lsize better.
1. mpg
2. be able to still fit under a 7 ft door
3. at least 10k gvw tow capacity.
4. being able to still get things between the front seats like carpet/lino.
5. modular seats so if you have 3-4 guys you have seats but if you don't you can take them out and have flat floor.
6 rear ac/heat but a better system and one where lines don't rot or chaffe.
7 stainess brake and tranny lines
8. a better undercoating or chassis paint.

just a few of the things I would like to see and continue in the new gm fullsize beside a lower price LOL like that would ever happen.
Old May 11th, 2014, 11:02 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen the Dodge and Nissan 3500 series vans. They look pretty healthy.. but Id like to see a comparison chart of GVWs and towing capacities.

There is a place for the smaller Euro-vans. I see the small transits all over. I see a lot of companies using the Nissans for mid range vans. But for heavier hauling (like some us here), I don't know... Im glad I got my new G3500 .
Old May 11th, 2014, 1:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If they can make a chev asto sized van that is 12 foot 3 inches from the engine cover to the inside of the back doors, with quad captain chairs as an option for 4 passengers but maintaining the ability for long items then I'd be happy. Those nissans are useless....too short inside. The fords are too tall....like cat says. My express is 6 foot 10....most garages are too low. My 95 g20 was 6 foot 5....better for sure, but got too old. Why the vans keep getting taller is so friggin stupid.
Old May 12th, 2014, 10:09 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my "dream" work vehicle would be a small cutaway, but since I do most of my maintenance, it needs to fit in my garage too. And with 8' doors, no chance of that happening. I cut off about 2" off my ladder racks to get my current van to fit.

One of these would be great for me. So I can see the hightop "sprinter" type of vans are popular. I just need to install taller doors on the next house.