Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

2000 Astro Van 2 WD no crank problem

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2019, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Astro Van 2 WD no crank problem

Hello,
Last month my Astro's check engine light code indicated I needed a new Key cylinder for the ignition. My neighborhood chevy nut told me I should probably replace the ignition switch instead due to it was the original. I replaced the ignition switch and hoped the code was cleared but no luck. The van started and worked fine until last week when I took it in to see if I had a different code problem. The same code came up.....replace the key cylinder which I was about ready to do this weekend. On Monday I went to pull the Astro into the garage and got a lit up dashboard but no crank, nothing, nada. I through the battery charger on it over night and have a fully charged battery but still no crank.

Not sure where to go from here and if someone can advise me, I don't mind working on this old girl because my goal is to get her to 200,000 miles. Any advise will be most appreciated and because I'm new to the forum, I apologize in advance if I goofed up this thread.