Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

2007 Chevy Equinox Check Engine Light not working

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2016, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy Equinox Check Engine Light not working

I just purchased a 2007 Chevy Equinox. I need to smog and register the car. I took it in to do the smog and it passed but the shop could not send the papers to the DMV because the check engine light was not working. He suggested I just replace the bulb. I took out the gauge cluster to find there are no bulbs for the 2007 Equinox.
So my question now would be how can I fix my check engine light? could there be something else that would make the light not work? Or, will I have to buy another gauge cluster?
Old May 4th, 2016, 5:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KJ24
I just purchased a 2007 Chevy Equinox. I need to smog and register the car. I took it in to do the smog and it passed but the shop could not send the papers to the DMV because the check engine light was not working. He suggested I just replace the bulb. I took out the gauge cluster to find there are no bulbs for the 2007 Equinox.
So my question now would be how can I fix my check engine light? could there be something else that would make the light not work? Or, will I have to buy another gauge cluster?
Hi, Tanin Auto Electronix here. We are vendors on the site and can offer some assistance. If you want to send in the cluster to us, we can check it out for you and repair it. If for some reason it is not repairable, we can also help you locate a replacement cluster and program the mileage into it for you.

Here is the link to our instrument cluster diagnostics service:

Gauge Cluster Speedometer Diagnosis Service

Let us know if you have any questions at all. Feel free to call us at 262-456-4147.

Thank you,
Old May 23rd, 2016, 6:27 AM
CF Beginner

So strong.-