Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

2009 chevy silverado 2500hd 2wd wont idle just dies

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2016, 4:04 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 chevy silverado 2500hd 2wd wont idle just dies

HI was writing here today to hopefully get someone's help with my chevy silverado gas engine it is a 2009 2500hd for a few weeks it had a p0121 code but was running fine. i was recently on the highway at 75 mph
and stopped for gas when i got back on the road the truck would not reach 70 if i gave it more throttle it would start to decrease speed. i made it home and the next morning the truck wont start now. it was starting and running for may be 2 sec before it would die. as if their was no idle but it did not rev up to high rpm just start and die. so i cleaned the MAF sensor changed the air filter to a new k&n took off the throttle body with the butterfly on it and the TPS cleaned the thing very well and changed the TPS. reassembled the unit and checked the fuel pressure it is 55-60 and it not dropping out when the engine dies. immediately after i press the starter and it starts before it dies i can press the gas pedal and it just dies faster. no more coeds have come on since the initial clearing of the p0121 any ideas? is it possible that the throttle body that has the motor for the butterfly built into it may need to be changed and if so how would i test that part.