Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Another "EXCESSIVE OIL CONSUMPTION" issue

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2016, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Another "EXCESSIVE OIL CONSUMPTION" issue

I have a 2010 Equinox which was purchased NEW in 2011. I LOVED THIS CAR! So much so, I have influenced several family members and friends in purchasing CHEVY vehicles too.... NEW!

I started having issues with my vehicle last year. I put a lot of miles on my vehicle (currently 150K) and am very diligent with oil changes and maintenance on my vehicle. When notified of the excessive oil consumption, I was told that this was a known issue with 2010 equinoxes and the CHEVY DEALERSHIP will monitor oil consumption every 1K miles and evaluate for potential resolution. Dealership confirmed excessive oil consumption two weeks ago. I am waiting to hear back whether or not GM will assist in correcting the issue. Based on the reviews I've read, it doesn't look hopeful that I will receive an acceptable resolution. I'm hoping they do the right thing! Was there ever a notification to Equinox owners to inform them of the issue? I do not recall receiving anything related to excessive oil consumption. My family has been huge CHEVY fans and patrons for more than 60 years. I, personally, have had good experiences in the past but this outcome (if not acceptable) will sway my loyalty.
Old June 7th, 2016, 9:32 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GLucas
I have a 2010 Equinox which was purchased NEW in 2011. I LOVED THIS CAR! So much so, I have influenced several family members and friends in purchasing CHEVY vehicles too.... NEW!

I started having issues with my vehicle last year. I put a lot of miles on my vehicle (currently 150K) and am very diligent with oil changes and maintenance on my vehicle. When notified of the excessive oil consumption, I was told that this was a known issue with 2010 equinoxes and the CHEVY DEALERSHIP will monitor oil consumption every 1K miles and evaluate for potential resolution. Dealership confirmed excessive oil consumption two weeks ago. I am waiting to hear back whether or not GM will assist in correcting the issue. Based on the reviews I've read, it doesn't look hopeful that I will receive an acceptable resolution. I'm hoping they do the right thing! Was there ever a notification to Equinox owners to inform them of the issue? I do not recall receiving anything related to excessive oil consumption. My family has been huge CHEVY fans and patrons for more than 60 years. I, personally, have had good experiences in the past but this outcome (if not acceptable) will sway my loyalty.
Hi GLucas,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing concerns with the oil consumption in your Equinox and please know that GM values you as a loyal customer. I'm glad to hear that your dealership is working to resolve this for you. If you send us your VIN, I'd be more than willing to look into this for you to see if there are any open recalls or service announcements associated with your vehicle at this time.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care