Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

2010 Equinox - Exhaust Manifold cracked

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2017, 7:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Equinox - Exhaust Manifold cracked

I have a 2010 equinox (<100,000 miles) which was making a loud noise when I start the car. The noise dies down after 2 to 3 minutes. I took the car in to a mechanic who told me that the exhaust manifold is cracked and it will cost me close to $800 to fix and that I it needs to get fixed ASAP since it can cause toxic gas to be pushed back into the car when I turn on the air (This is a health hazard !!). I goggled online and it seems like this was a known issue. I don't understand why GM never issued a recall on this part. I never received a recall letter or notice or saw anything online about it. Could anyone please advise on whether there was a recall on this part and if so what can I do to get the money I spent to fix it reimbursed? Thank you