Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

Fuel milage

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2016, 8:55 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel milage

4-24-2016
Hi
I have a 2014 Chevy Diesel Silverado 2500 HD 2 wheel drive truck, and a friend of mine has a 2015 GMC Diesel Sierra 2500 HD 4x4. Looking at the vin #'s there are some differences between the two vehicles because of it being a 4 wheel drive, but we have the same engine and transmission. I get 15 to 15.5 mpg in town and work and back and my friends says he gets 25 mpg. If this is true, what could be the reason for that? I always thought 4x4 trucks would get less mpg than 2x4 trucks. I was told that some people were getting 18 mpg with their 2014 Silverado Diesel, but if I travel for long distances I can get up to 19 mpg, but that would be the only time. I would appreciate any help with the question. Tom