Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

Lightning strike causes windows to roll down?

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2017, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightning strike causes windows to roll down?

We had a severe lightning/rain storm roll through a couple of days ago. According to my weatherbug, we had strikes that were 0.0 miles from us. When we went out in the morning we found all 4 windows rolled all the way down. I had not driven the car for 3 days and we walked by it multiple times, including working in our camper parked about 2 feet away. I'm positive one of us would have noticed all the windows rolled down, especially since the back windows have a dark tint. A woman at the store said the same thing had happened to her sons truck. Is this possible? Also, the USB outlet was not working and the radio was a little wonky. I at first thought just because it was wet, but maybe from lightning? It's a 2016 Chevy Suburban, LT 1500 2WD, Texas Edition

Last edited by txcandy56; August 9th, 2017 at 1:41 PM. Reason: include info