Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

Louisiana 1949 Chevy pickup owner looking for support group

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2016, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louisiana 1949 Chevy pickup owner looking for support group

Howdy. New to the forum. Bought a 1949 chevrolet 3100 and am really excited. Can't start it at the moment, but still really excited. I have lofty goals of restoration, but pacing myself until I get my shop built. At the tinkering stage. Any others out there interested in the Advance series pickups? Thanks
Old April 25th, 2016, 6:40 AM
CF Monarch

Received 343 Likes on 324 Posts

Over the years I have had several old Chevy trucks. Currently I have a 1949 Fleetline and a 1940 Chevy Coupe. All have the same engine and are simple to work on compared to today's engines. Have fun with yours.
Old April 25th, 2016, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks,
Any advice on troubleshooting references? Ive got the pdf of the original shop manual, but its not really an if/then type of resource. Im trying to get it started again after a week of puzzling and replacing things.
Originally Posted by oldchevy
Over the years I have had several old Chevy trucks. Currently I have a 1949 Fleetline and a 1940 Chevy Coupe. All have the same engine and are simple to work on compared to today's engines. Have fun with yours.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 6:26 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks anyway