Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

New to this forum, and hopefully will get some great advice from fellow Chevy lovers!

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2014, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this forum, and hopefully will get some great advice from fellow Chevy lovers!

I'm new to the forum, and although I've owned quite a few Chevys over the many years of car ownership, I've usually had the older models, that in my opinion, were more stylish than the way cars are designed externally now days, and without all the computer gizmos I didn't see the need for then, and don't really see much need for most of them now. For reasons I'm not gonna bore anybody with, I was without transportation of my own for a few years, and in the meantime was determined as disabled by our oh so generous government. Being on a fixed income made it all but impossible to save anything towards a vehicle of any type, but recently after about 2 years of posting online hoping to find someone to work with me, amazingly in one day I was presented with the option of an '86 small pickup(which is what I preferred if given a choice of a car or truck) of another brand, or a '97 Malibu. I know the '97 wasn't the best thing ever to bare the Chevy "bowtie", but it was an automatic, large trunk, and working A/C. The truck had a 5 speed manual, no A/C, and something that caused it to have to be shut off for a while during just an hours worth of highway miles. I chose the Malibu, more or less because of the auto trans and the A/C due to health reasons. So far it seems to be ok given the age and mileage, but I'm not very savvy with the newer cars, and will most likely ask some really stupid questions about it's maintenance. I hope you'll all bare with me and help educate me about the new member to my home and to my meager finances. The car didn't come with an owners manual or any documentation on it's maintenance in the past years. I'm the third owner, but the last owner let her daughter take it to college, and the interior, while isn't exactly torn to shreds, you can see it's "battle scars", as well as the exterior showing it's own "battle scars" after a fight with some whitetail deer months before I got it. The biggest issue there is that the right fender was pushed back just far enough that the door won't open, but should be an easy fix(?) Anyway, I'm glad to be part of this forum and this family, and any support and help, or advice.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

be sure to visit the Malibu section for questions regarding your latest ride.
Old November 15th, 2014, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i havent done this before and not sure if its right..i bought a 1997 gmc k1500 ex cab w/5.7...it was tripping #5 misfire egr and o2 codes...i have replaced the coil wires plugs cap button egr valve an o2 sensor...it did good for about a wk but is now kicking out all those codes again...any help would be great