Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

Noise reverse shift after rebuild, only when cold

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2017, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise reverse shift after rebuild, only when cold

I just got my Class C Motor home back from having the transmission rebuilt. Prior to having it rebuilt there were no noises in any shifting but a jeck from 1st to 2nd. If only has 14,500 miles on it. Upon receiving it back it now makes a loud clunking noise when putting it in reverse, but only when cold. I was told by the Transmission shop owner that it's because everything in it is new and tight. My question is, is this true? Should there be any kind of loud clunking noise while putting it in Reverse? I took it back and as told the transmission ck's out fine. They applied extra grease to the drive shafts but that is all. I'm just not comfortable with the way this sounds. The shifting between first and second is smooth as butter, I'm grateful for that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by dsmith65; July 26th, 2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Adding Video
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:37 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

That ain't normal