Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

SS/RS 68 Camaro. Stolen 396 Engine TI12IMY 18NXXXXXX

Old August 11th, 2017, 3:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SS/RS 68 Camaro. Stolen 396 Engine TI12IMY 18NXXXXXX

Hi Everyone,

Sorry my first post isn't more positive. I purchased a 1968 SS Camaro with a factory Big Block, The Engine was the 325 HP 396. Unfortunately when the car was at a factory being worked on the engine was sold by the owner. Today I spoke to the guy who purchased the engine. He said he sold the 396 to someone who owned a Chevelle. The engine was sold to someone in Gippsland.

If anyone knows of 396 with an engine that starts with the TI12IMY 18NXXXXXX

This engine has been reported stolen so it can't be used. I have contacted Vicroads and the engine isn't registered in any car at this stage.

If anyone knows the whereabouts can the please send me a private message. I don't want to give the current owner any grief as he/she probably bought it in good faith. If I can get this engine back, I'd be willing to provide reasonable compensation. Its worth bugger-all as is but is numbers matching to the body so is worth a lot to me. The engine will most likely be a short as I have the original manifold, headers and carburettor.

Thanks in advance, Mark
Old November 23rd, 2017, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Chevro...item3625cbaa93

Search this Thread