Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

04 Z71 no crank, obd2 no comunicate

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2018, 9:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Z71 no crank, obd2 no comunicate

I have a 2004 chevy z71, the other day I had to run a around some, it was raining I went about a mile and the truck shut off a couple of times but just for a second or two but just kept running after (I didn’t have to restart it, it just died that picked back up again). My first stop was about 30 minutes after that the truck ran fine next stop was about same time and after the truck ran fine. The next day the truck wouldn’t start (wouldn’t crank) and the door remote wouldn’t work. The next day I tried it again still wouldn’t start but the headlight stayed on, after about 15 minutes I noticed that the lights were still on and I couldn’t shut them off so I unhooked the batteryThis is what I ran into the next day I tried to plug in my OBD2 scanner and it will power up but it will not communicate with vehicleI noticed the theft light on the dash was on so I tried the turn key wait 10 minutes do again 3 times than replaced the battery and did it again with the battery charger hooked upWhen trying to crank the truck it will not click or anything, the dash beeper will sound 4 times than 4 more times at a faster pace What I have done so far

Replaced and charged battery

Checked all fuses in both fuse panels

Verified that my cheepassed code reader is working

i don't know what else to do i am not a mechanic but i do most of my own work but this one has me stumped