Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2016 Chevy Silverado. Total loss of electrical power with a brand new battery

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2018, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Chevy Silverado. Total loss of electrical power with a brand new battery

I stop by Walmart to pick up something. When I came out the truck wouldn't start the 1st try like a dead battery. 2nd try it started and I had a security light. Didn't pay much attention to it got to work And when I went out to start my truck there was absolutely no power to the vehicle. I called the Chevy dealer Explain my problem and they said there was nothing they could do as a quick fix that I would have to have the truck towed to the dealership. A friend of mine suggested that I Disconnect both battery Connections and put the positive and negative cables together for 5 minutes. (Not the battery) When I hooked the battery up positive 1st went to connect the negative and the horn started blown. The system had reset itself and I had power to drive the truck off. Not sure why the Chevy dealer wouldn't share this information with me . There still may be a problem with my truck but at least I don't have to have it towed And miss half A-day's work.
Old September 20th, 2018, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

Try the 30 min relearn if you didnt get it going already.
Old September 24th, 2018, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default I guess I'm gonna have to take my truck to this Chevy dealer.

I've have reset it 4 times since then. Disconnect the battery for any given time reconnect the battery and everything resets. Don't have the money right now so something's breaking down over time.
Old October 5th, 2018, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevorlet Media Campaigns​ Doups Millions

The Chevrolet Media Campaigns really pull out all the stops when it comes to selling the inferior products to the unsuspecting public in real life. In a recent T.V. Chevy truck ad called Last Truck Standing with 4 Fords, 6 Dodges, and 3 Chevys barreling across an dusty open area at the same time. On cue the 4 Fords breaks off first, then the 6 Dodges breaks off, next leaving the last 3 trucks which by strange coincidence happens to be Chevy trucks. What was edited out of the commercial was that the commercial itself had to have more than 79 takes before the director was able to get enough footage for editing to complete a 30 second commercial. 40 Chevy trucks were hauled in for the shoot. Out of 40 Chevy trucks only 3 were able to finish the shoot which took all day. Notice the tent that was set up. That is the best indication that the shoot took all day, and the actors ( Real People), were getting very upset for the many takes and needed shelter from the searing sun and improvised restrooms for nature calls. Moral of this commercial is don't let a 30 second commercial with lies influence ones mind to buy any GM vehicle especially a Chevy truck.