Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

08 Suburban problem LT

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2016, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Suburban problem LT

I have an 08 Chevy suburban 4x4 LT that I recently bought. Truck has 188K on it. Runs and drives fine. It has a weird problem I can't figure out though. It makes an electrical hum when you turn the blinkers on that increase in intensity when you accelerate. It sounds like a surge of electrical energy. It will also start sometime and then I switch the radio off and it will stop. Any help would be great. Also, The cruise button will light up but the cruise won't set.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a messy wiring issue. I just replaced a multifunction switch on a 95 suburban that had similar problems. if the cruise light is lighting up but not setting I'd recommend checking the mechanical connection to the throttle. does the electrical hum only happen when you use the blinkers? or does it happen with the hazards as well?
Old February 23rd, 2016, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default reply

Thanks for the reply. This was an auction truck so there is no telling what the problem is. the only time it really does it is if the radio is on with the blinkers. It seems like the more power drawn from the battery the more it does it, but if you are just driving with no radio, it usually doesn't happen. I am not sure on the cruise. I have read there is a switch behind the gas petal that goes bad on them. Haven't checked that yet. Haven't checked the fuse either.
Old February 24th, 2016, 7:55 AM
CF Veteran

brake pedal not gas pedal, the brake switch is a very common problem you could try lifting up on the brake pedal slightly and seeing if cruise will work and if it does your switch is most likely toast.

Is it the stock radio?
Old February 24th, 2016, 8:23 AM
CF Beginner

Yes, brake not gas. It has the factory stereo that works fine. You think the switch in the pedal or the multifunction switch?