Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

09 Aveo LT AC compressor noise

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2016, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Aveo LT AC compressor noise

My 09 Aveo AC compressor was making a noise & still blowing cold, then the noise stopped & it quit blowing cold air. Clutch still engaging & compressor is turning, freon has been checked & good. Bad compressor?
Old February 28th, 2016, 3:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Have a 2009 Aveo with almost 95,000 miles on it that did the same thing last August. Purchased refill kit with a gauge, on one side the pressure was very high. I am waiting to the spring time to check it out.
Old February 29th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Olen Carney
My 09 Aveo AC compressor was making a noise & still blowing cold, then the noise stopped & it quit blowing cold air. Clutch still engaging & compressor is turning, freon has been checked & good. Bad compressor?
Welcome to the forum, Olen!

We are very sorry about these noise and cold air concerns you’ve been experiencing in your Aveo. Have you brought this to the attention of your dealership? If not, our team would be more than happy to assist in getting you connected for a diagnosis. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, full contact information and name of preferred dealership if interested.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 1st, 2016, 9:15 PM
CF Veteran

how was the refrigerant charge checked?