Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1983 g20 van

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2006, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1983 g20 van

does anyone know where I can get the ignition wiring schematic for this van? Need to know where to locate the fusable link in the ignition section.
It will start after running a wire from positive post on battery to any wire in the ignition circuitalso up under dash by the emergency brake pull off there is a red box going to the ignition through a several wire plug and it has a burned resistor. That box has a board inside that is loaded with diodes, resistors,transitors and several ics (intregated ciecuits)
Dick
Old October 24th, 2006, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 1983 g20 van

ORIGINAL: dick2256

does anyone know where I can get the ignition wiring schematic for this van? Need to know where to locate the fusable link in the ignition section.
It will start after running a wire from positive post on battery to any wire in the ignition circuitalso up under dash by the emergency brake pull off there is a red box going to the ignition through a several wire plug and it has a burned resistor. That box has a board inside that is loaded with diodes, resistors,transitors and several ics (intregated ciecuits)
Dick
found my problem to be the fusible link coming off the starter put in a new link and all is fine again.
dick
Old October 24th, 2006, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 1983 g20 van

Dick
found my problem to be the fusible link coming off the starter put in a new link and all is fine again.
dick
that little red box with the burnt resistor was the cruise control module.
Dick