Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1990 hunting suburban project

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2013, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 hunting suburban project

Hey all, I completely rebuilt a suburban for hunting and am having a hard time with the motor. As soon as I got the body and interior done on it I took it out for its maiden voyage and the old GM 350 blew up. I bought a 1996 350 vortec and took it in to my local hotrod machine shop and told him i want a solid motor that has good power and torque and will also get decent gas millage. He built the motor and stroked it to a 383 and put a air gap intake manifold on it and said with an adaptor plate we can use the old TBI system and it should be a great motor. Well he was wrong. I tried everything to get that system to work and finally I just stuck a 4bbl edelbrock 650 on it. It runs like a scalded monkey now but it is killing me on fuel. My question is, does anyone know how I can get back to a fuel injection system that will work with this motor and not break the bank?