Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1990 lumina not getting fuel when hot

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2010, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 1990 lumina not getting fuel when hot

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000; COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->okay, my 1990 chevy lumina starts right up when cold, and will get you where you need to go (most of the time). throttle while driving: if you give it more than about 1/3 throttle, it will sputter and try to cut off. once you turn the car off after driving for a while, and wait more than three or four minutes before trying to start it again, it will not start untill it is cool. although during this hot period, if you spray ether in the intake, it will start up for a couple of seconds. the coil packs are getting fire, i changed the plug wires, and fuel filter. please help me.
<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->
Old September 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay, now it will not start. it will shimmy, and try to start, but will not start. another issue, when i turn the key on, i hear the feul pump hum, and when i try to start the car, and turn the swich off, it hums also. is this normal?