Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1991 C1500 5.7 Issues

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2013, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 C1500 5.7 Issues

Hey guys, new to the forum and hope im posting in the right area!

I had been having an issue with my truck where it would get massive fuel cut (bucking and hesitation) when in overdrive on the freeway, a slightly rough idle (would idle fine and have random hesitations, not consistent at all). Check engine light never came on so i did the usual; oil change, air filter, fuel filter, cleaned out the throttle body to no avail.

Now as of a couple days ago im getting terrible idle, and absolutely no power. feels like im driving a go kart! the service engine light came on for about an hr, then went off again.

Found a few websites that talked about not having to get a code reader and just jumping the terminals. im 99.9% sure i jumped the correct terminals but when i put the key in the on position the service engine light just flashes once then stays on.

the only other thing i can think of is when its idling really rough if i put it in neutral it idles better (not perfect, but better)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!