Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1995 C1500 Cheyenne Exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2016, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 C1500 Cheyenne Exhaust help

Hey gang, first time poster here.

I was hoping for some help. My daughter has a 1995 c1500 Cheyenne V8 and I pulled the trans and rebuilt it (4L60e). Going back together, I am having H3LL getting the exhaust coupler joint bolts started. I've only managed to get the one down bolt on the passenger side and one other on the same side started, but just don't seem to have enough oomph to get that third one to thread, much less any on the driver's side.

Any thoughts? Anyone ever have this issue? I'm wondering if I need to try and find longer bolts, or if I'm just totally missing something.

Thanks in advance.
Old June 8th, 2016, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I feel like an idiot. They're not bolts, they're nuts on studs and the studs unscrewed when I pulled it. Now the nuts on the studs are run up too far for the new coupler seals and are dang near fused to the studs.

I just hit them with WD-40 to see if that will let me get the nuts off the studs and then install the studs first then try all this again.