Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1995 suburban blower motor

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 4:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If the actuator is moving for the blend door, then you may want to pull the actuator anyway, and see if the shaft itself rotates. I guess there is the possibility it breaks internally to that HVAC housing. You just have to get the alignment with the shaft right when you reinstall the actuator.

Before you do that, maybe go all the way to heat, run for 15, and see if it gets REAL HOT, then move back to cold, and see if it is still HOT air coming in, or just outside air, which would still be 100 degrees, but much cooler than air that goes through the heater core.

Here's a link to all the manuals for your year Silverado:

https://charm.li/Chevy%20Truck/1995/...VIN%20K%20TBI/

The one thing I see is that, much like my 2003 GMC Yukon, your 1995 Silverado has a completely separate evaporator (cooling coils) and blower and set of controls for the rear AC. So it is *possible* for the system to be fully charged and cooling in the rear, but not in the front, if there is an issue like a blockage in the evaporator under the dash. Let's hope not though, as that's a huge repair, requiring removal of the entire dash (many hours of labor). I would look at things like the control **** and other things that would affect the front first.
Old Yesterday, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,. I did see that the rear unit had it's own blower, but was unaware of a condenser. I'll pull the actuator and take a look...........sorry, if I've been a pain.......
Old Yesterday, 5:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by H2obio
Thanks,. I did see that the rear unit had its own blower, but was unaware of a condenser. I'll pull the actuator and take a look...........sorry, if I've been a pain.......
There is a single condenser and compressor - the condenser is the coils under the hood, in front of the radiator. The evaporator coils are where the cooling takes place, and there is one under the dash, and one elsewhere for the rear AC. I guess overhead for that one? Not sure where exactly it is located for the rear to be honest - never saw it on my 2003 Yukon.
Old Yesterday, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you sir, the link you sent seems to have plenty of info!