Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1998 Monte Carlo - LS Climate control issue

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2013, 6:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Monte Carlo - LS Climate control issue

Trying to navigate this type of website is new to me. So, please help me ask a question in the correct place if this is not the palce for this one.
I have a 1998 Chevy - LS.
I have heat control over the right side passenger control from the dash. This set up on my dash, has a left and right side variable temp control for the passenger and the . The selector switch for the floor, defrost, face, etc. work fine. However, the drivers side dash temp control switch does not increase or decrease the temperature at all. It is just blowing whatever the ambient temperature is. Is this simply corrected by replacing the left side temperature actuator? The temperature was sporadically working if I didn't bottom it out for the colderst air coming in to the driver side. But, Now that we're approaching winter it simply quit working. Any idea's on how to diagnose this issue?
Or, could it be a simple battery and disconnect and wait for a few minutes for the control to reset or calibrate itself?

Last edited by Douger; October 24th, 2013 at 6:29 AM.