Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2000 Suburban starts then dies immediately...

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2017, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Suburban starts up then immediately dies...

I have a 2000 Chevy Suburban LT 5.3 4x4 with 200K miles on it. My problem started a few days ago trying to start my trusted Suburban, it started right up just to immediately die, no sputtering, no hesitation, just die. After a few more attempts with the same end result, I held the gas pedal down a little while cranking and as long as I kept the rpm above 1000 it would continue to run. After keeping it running like that for 60 seconds or so it idled by itself, little bit low on the rpm, but running, and I was able to drive it. I noticed a little bit of hesitation when accelerating before reaching normal temperature though. Since that morning I have not had any problems whatever,until last night leaving work, and again this morning.

I replaced the fuel pump a couple of years ago.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Don’t want to start throwing parts at it without some proper troubleshooting. Where should I start?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Viking08; June 7th, 2017 at 4:03 PM.