Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2002 Tahoe Speedometer/radio malfunction

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2006, 10:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Tahoe Speedometer/radio malfunction

I thought it was a fuse, checked all applicable fuses. My speedometer, odometer and all gauges save the oil pressure gauge are not functioning. Radio is completely off and not functioning. I had a freind tell me it may be the battery cable that connects the positive to the battery and he suggested tightening it, which didn't work. It may have something to do with my right side of my speakers going in and out sporatically for a couple months before this happened. I can live without my speedometer, but the morning haul to the office is a beatdown without some tunes...anyone have any suggestions before i have to go blow $80 on a diagnostic?
Old July 26th, 2006, 2:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2002 Tahoe Speedometer/radio malfunction

your steper motor in your speedo is probly bad and the cluster will need to be replaced. as far as your radio check power behind your radio all you need is a test light and a 7 mm socket . to remove the radio