Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Steering Wheel Radio controls malfunction

Old August 15th, 2012, 9:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Radio controls malfunction

Has had anyone else had the steering wheel radio controls malfunction in their 2007 Tahoe?

On different occasions my volume buttons will instead change the station and not the volume. So far mine has done this 4 times eventually reverting to normal operation after the vehicle has been turned off and back on.
Old August 17th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbake
Has had anyone else had the steering wheel radio controls malfunction in their 2007 Tahoe?

On different occasions my volume buttons will instead change the station and not the volume. So far mine has done this 4 times eventually reverting to normal operation after the vehicle has been turned off and back on.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> It may be a computer issue, just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional assistance. They will be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspection.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 27th, 2015, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default I have the same issue

I know this post is old, but my 07 suburban is doing this too. Did you ever get it fixed?
Old October 6th, 2021, 7:32 AM
CF Beginner

I know this is an old one but I am experiencing the same issue with my 2010 Tahoe LT. Any updates or diagnosis?