Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2003 suburban 2500 just picked it up

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2016, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 suburban 2500 just picked it up

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I just picked up a 2003 suburban 2500 with about 100k on it. For the price I stole it only paid 2200. The lady did not know what the hell was going on with it and bought it was junk. So I offered her 22 cash knowing the kbb is high 7k and to my surprise she accepted. It had its electrical gremlins she said the dreaded reduced power and so on. I also get the rear acces open which will randomly activate the car alarm. So yesterday I thoroughly went through the electrical on it I'm an electrician by trade with decent mechanical knowledge so I checked the grounds, fuses, and stuff tinkered around with stuff enough that the check engine light went off but the rear access will display but managed to get that off but the car alarm still will go off. I pulled the latches and panel of the back checked all connections and wires and lubed the hatches but it still does it. So I think I've got it narrowed down to just getting a new bcm and have the dealer program it. By my main question here is with the 2500 6.0, is the chassis on it the same as say the 2500 Silverado and Sierra. It does need a new rear end. Whines at 40mph and above. So I'm trying to figure out if they're interchangeable. Also things like exhausts and lifts etc. because when I search for parts I only get 1500 suburban parts come up so my main question is will parts from the 2500 pick ups work on the suburban? Sorry for the long first post and I appreciate all the help and input thanks
Old August 14th, 2016, 4:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Most salvage yards have interchange books that will quickly tell you how many models have the same rear.
Old August 14th, 2016, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Ok thanks