Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2004 Chevy Aveo

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2015, 12:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Chevy Aveo

Hey guys. My auto start doesn't seem to want to work. Sometimes it does sometimes not. It has gotten really cold here but it always worked in the past. Now it does not want to work. I push the button and the buttons on the FOB light up, but it doesn't seem to be connecting with the car. I turned off the switch and turned it back on again, that seemed to work before, but not tonight. It is -1 here. Is it because it is so cold? Like I said it worked before. Does anybody know what I need to do?
Old December 27th, 2015, 9:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do your park lights flash when you attempt to start it with your remote.you can lift your hood and there should be a pin switch under the hood which acts as a safety interuppter.check and make sure the pin is not broken off.the pin switch grounds the remote starter out when the hood is up its suppose to not allow the engine to start.if the wire is grounded then it shuts down the remote.a bad main or open switch will cause your issue.also if the fuses to your remote car starter which are attached in the harness of the remote starter are blown it will not do anything,not even light the park lights.is it a factory remote or is it after market.check the fuses to the remote starter in the harness and make sure there not blown.i have seen the fuses blow because the blower motor is starting to tighten up and allow the blower motor to pull more amps then it should and overtime blow or melt the fuses at the remote starter harness.hope this helps.