Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Service Park Assist/ tie with speed?

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2015, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Park Assist/ tie with speed?

I have a 2008 LTZ suburban/ Service Park Assist message.

What does this message have to do with speed?

I clear message; then after speeding up to over 35 MPH, and then at anytime I drop below 22-23 MPH the 'Service Park Assist" message pops up again. Any ideas?

Note; everything online suggests that the "Service Park Assist' message points toward the rear bumper sensors, so I replaced all four, but that had no effect.
Old December 28th, 2015, 4:43 PM
CF Active Member

did you check all the wiring attached to the park assist circuit.did you also check the main connector for signs of corrosion.i have a van and i found a cut wire in my harness.i know its not the same vehicle .also i honestly don,t know what it has to do with speed.my park assist only works when backing up and far as i know it has nothing to do with speed.
Old December 28th, 2015, 11:12 PM
CF Veteran

shouldn't have anything to do with forward motion at all, my guess would be an intermittent wiring issue that makes/loses connection when you speed up and slow down