Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2005 Pontiac wave

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2015, 2:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Pontiac wave

I just bought a 2005 Pontiac wave hatch back the car has been under coated since new.

I bought it to replace my 2002 Pontiac sun fire witch was almost nothing left of the car when I scraped it the rear frame rail rotted and every time I closed the drivers door or hit a bump pieces of the car would fall off but good reliable car engine wise never had a problem with it but the body was to far gone when I got it to do anything about it and I only had the car a year I got some money saved up and bought a safer car at least body wise.

I found out after I bought the car that they have problems with timing belt pulleys and the plastic thermostat housing braking.

The thermostat housing is easy to get the aluminum upgrade.

I have been looking around for a better timing belt kit I found one that has a steel tensioner pulley I was looking for a kit that had a steel idler pulley when I read that it was bad bearings that was causing the idler pulley to fail witch timing belt kit is the best one to use?

Is it better to go with plastic tensioner or steel?

I get the car this Thursday I don't know when the last time the car had a timing belt done I don't plan on driving the car until I have the timing belt changed.

Last edited by tk21; April 29th, 2015 at 2:35 AM.