Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2005 Silverad 2500hd

Old October 9th, 2009, 9:35 AM
Klo
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Silverad 2500hd

Need helps guys. My truck after driving it to work and parking it for 8hrs dies. When you try to start it nothing happens no click or nothing. But if u come and start it the next day it starts fine. Happened a couple of times already. Twice the chevy dealer couldn't find out what was wrong with it. Need help. email me at lorkue@hotmail.com
Old October 9th, 2009, 9:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Cool

First, have your battery checked, you probably need a new one. The OEM batteries are side-mount,(HAR-UMMPH!!{kiss of death}) and, like everything else on the truck, are only designed to outlast your warranty.

There was a battery discharge issue involving the vehicle's computer, but that would discharge the battery every time.

Check your cables. I changed all three of mine in my 04 2500HD last year as cheap insurance.
There's a chance they may be starting to corrode. When my battery went last year, I chose an Optima Red Top gel-cel- more because Advance Auto Parts has a branch close to many places I drive, in case of a return issue.

Interstate makes a killer battery for the money, but the dealers are harder to find, mostly garages. But Sears Die Hard is manufactured in the same factory as Interstate, and they're famous in their own right.

Last edited by therewolf; October 9th, 2009 at 9:54 AM.
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Klo
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rivereye
First, have your battery checked, you probably need a new one. The OEM batteries are side-mount,(HAR-UMMPH!!{kiss of death}) and, like everything else on the truck, are only designed to outlast your warranty.

There was a battery discharge issue involving the vehicle's computer, but that would discharge the battery every time.

Check your cables. I changed all three of mine in my 04 2500HD last year as cheap insurance.
There's a chance they may be starting to corrode. When my battery went last year, I chose an Optima Red Top gel-cel- more because Advance Auto Parts has a branch close to many places I drive, in case of a return issue.

Interstate makes a killer battery for the money, but the dealers are harder to find, mostly garages. But Sears Die Hard is manufactured in the same factory as Interstate, and they're famous in their own right.

I've changed all my cables. The battery i'm running is a interstate. But for some reason it still does it?
Old October 9th, 2009, 3:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds like it might be the computer issue then. Did you remember to change the engine/body ground strap?

Also there may be a small short draining your battery.With your ignition off, disconnect the positive cable. Attach a test light between your positive side of your battery, and your positive cable. Is the light lit? If it is, start pulling and replacing your fuses one by one. When your test light goes out, you found the circuit with the short which is draining your battery.

Don't forget there's two fuse stations on your vehicle, under the hood, and by the driver side door.