Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2007 chevy Express 2500 4.3 ac

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2019, 6:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 chevy Express 2500 4.3 ac

Hi I have a 2007 chevy Express van 4.3. The ac blows through the vents sometimes but after I start driving for a bit 10-15 mins it starts blowing through the defrost. If I stop and restart the engine it would blow through the vents and then 10-15 minutes later it repeats the same thing. Not sure if it's the HVAC controls or the vacuum line etc... Thanks in advance for your help
Old April 9th, 2019, 5:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Vacuum is strong when you're idling or coasting because the throttle is shut and the engine is sucking against it. When you accelerate, the throttle opens, and the vacuum drops momentarily. To buffer the loss of vacuum, there is a reservoir with checkvalve. All these things have to work in concert for the HVAC to work properly. It sounds to me like the system is leaky and doesn't hold a vacuum.

So, you need to dive under the hood. Find the main vacuum line which comes from the engine intake.

The vacuum tube sits right over the hot engine, and is notorious for falling apart. It's a $10 part at the dealer. Then check that the one-way-valve works and that the sphere shaped reservoir doesn't leak. I just just my mouth.