Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2007 Chevy Tahoe radio/turn signal issues

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2013, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy Tahoe radio/turn signal issues

Recently, my FM radio reception started to get poor. Nice to have a Bose stereo with lousy reception. Anyway, the antenna appears to be ok. NOW, a new problem is occurring, - uncertain if it's related, BUT, sometimes when I turn the truck on, radio doesn't work at all, no clock, nothing. Along with that, the turn signals don't make sound - they work, but no sound.

Any ideas before I drag this to the dealer and they charge me an arm and two legs? TIA
Old October 10th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Atincher,

I am sure you will get some great feedback from the members. If you do end up having your Chevrolet dealership look into this please do not hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 21st, 2013, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Well, I did take it to the dealer, and of course, they can't find anything "wrong", after hooking it up looking for codes. So they tell me to bring it in when the problem is happening. Like THAT is convenient?
Old October 21st, 2013, 9:44 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Depending on how handi-capable you are, you could remove and reconnect the connections at the back of the radio.. that is where I would start...
You may also want to see if the biasing the ignition switch has any bearing on it (wiggle the key a bit back and forth to see if the radio comes on)

Just a thought, do the interior lights work when the radio is not? if so maybe a door switch sensor?
Old October 21st, 2013, 5:17 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by atincher
Well, I did take it to the dealer, and of course, they can't find anything "wrong", after hooking it up looking for codes. So they tell me to bring it in when the problem is happening. Like THAT is convenient?
I understand how this is frustrating, atincher. The technicians at the dealership will not repair a vehicle issue until they see the issue with their own eyes and can scan a code. Erica already responded to your previous post, but like she stated, contact us via private message if you would like to further discuss your current situation with us.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 22nd, 2013, 7:36 AM
CF Beginner

In2Pro - thank you for that feedback. You know, I never looked to see if the dome lights would work while I was having the issue, or did I try to jiggle the key. Hmmm, I WILL try that the next time it happens (of course it hasn't happened as frequent now that I had the dealer look at it.). Even though I am a female I am pretty handy (I tear apart 4 wheelers and put them all back together, so I'll give it a shot if it happens! THANK you for your ideas and I will keep you posted!!!!!!! You rock!