Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2008 Chevy Impala Police Interceptor-- Major Issues?

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2017, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2008 Chevy Impala Police Interceptor-- Major Issues?

Hello guys i just had a few questions. Recently i bid on a 2008 Chevy Impala Police Interceptor with 160k on the clock. I bid 1450 on the car and won. No check engine lights, engine revved pretty smoothly. I did not get to test drive the vehicle unfortunately. This happened at an auction. I am aware of the engine hours that usually go into these vehicles but unfortunately i did not have a scanner in hand to check. My question is there anything i should be worried about? I plan to daily drive this car as well. should i be worried about the trans or any major components failing on me? from what i know police departments usually keep their vehicles well maintained but i want to be sure. Any advice or help is appreciated. Take this thread as my introduction as well. all you gotta know about me is i hate land rover. hence my name. Thanks for your time
Old November 2nd, 2017, 3:29 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by roverhater10
Hello guys i just had a few questions. Recently i bid on a 2008 Chevy Impala Police Interceptor with 160k on the clock. I bid 1450 on the car and won. No check engine lights, engine revved pretty smoothly. I did not get to test drive the vehicle unfortunately. This happened at an auction. I am aware of the engine hours that usually go into these vehicles but unfortunately i did not have a scanner in hand to check. My question is there anything i should be worried about? I plan to daily drive this car as well. should i be worried about the trans or any major components failing on me? from what i know police departments usually keep their vehicles well maintained but i want to be sure. Any advice or help is appreciated. Take this thread as my introduction as well. all you gotta know about me is i hate land rover. hence my name. Thanks for your time
Well for $1450 USD you saved lots of money, but police cars are used heavily. I'd swap out all the fluids and filters, first thing. How does it drive? Anything odd?
Old November 2nd, 2017, 8:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Well for $1450 USD you saved lots of money, but police cars are used heavily. I'd swap out all the fluids and filters, first thing. How does it drive? Anything odd?
The auction didn't permit me to test drive it, only inspect it. I can tell you this the car had just one tiny rust spot near the drivers side door. otherwise it was extremely clean (from the outside). The inside was dirty (as if the cop had been snacking inside and they didn't clean it) and the car shifted smoothly into reverse or drive. Engine bay looked pretty good.