Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2011 Silverado engine issue

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2016, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Silverado engine issue

Good morning! Or not so much considering it was -10 this morning, and my truck went to **** on me while in the fast lane of the interstate at 6 o'clock in the morning.

Here's the skinny. Cruising along, at 70 on cruise control, no issues. Suddenly I feel a slight jerk, and I start slowing down. Check engine light comes, and the screen starts throwing messages. "Service Stabiltrak, Service traction control, engine power reduced" I got off at the nearest exit, and I cant hardly get the truck to limp to 25 mph. She doesn't run right at idle, so I shut the truck off and started making phone calls. About 3 minutes later, the truck says "battery low, start engine"

Anybody got any ideas? Alternator? I know everything is electronic, and considering how cold it was.... that's my best guess.
Old January 19th, 2016, 7:41 AM
CF Veteran

charge/test the battery and get the codes pulled, if you have a multimeter make sure theres above 13v at the battery posts idling

Theres a known issue with the throttle position sensor for that era of truck that can cause most of the symptoms you described but can't pinpoint it without codes
Old January 19th, 2016, 7:49 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for quick response. I limped the truck to a shop my buddy works at. Waiting for him to pull the codes and get back to me. I'll update the forum as soon as I hear back.
Old January 19th, 2016, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Results are back. I believe the code was P2135, but it was indeed the throttle position sensor. Thanks Cleveland, you were spot on!
Old January 19th, 2016, 7:52 PM
CF Veteran

was it at a dealer? depending on the mileage of the vehicle those have a special coverage on them and are covered under warranty