Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2012 Chevrolet Orlando

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2023, 12:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Chevrolet Orlando

Hello everyone,

I’m hoping/praying someone can help me out or point me in the right direction. I have a Chevrolet Orlando 2012 which is a Canadian model only car. They may make this in Europe too but was never released to the US.

My transmission or clutch maybe have gone but locating parts for this is impossible. The Orlando has a 2.4l ecotec engine but this vehicle with this engine is the only one with a manual 6 speed transmission. I don’t know what to do and I’m hoping someone can help me out.

Added information about my vehicle. I have 75,000km on it and I was pulling out from the street and I suddenly lost power in first gear, I managed to coast to the side of the road. My shifter goes into all the gears and even reverse but I get no power, the vehicle does not move. Clutch was not slipping at all. In order to see what is fully wrong, the transmission needs to be taken apart but at this point if I can’t find the parts, is it useless to get a mechanic to do all the work?

Thank you everyone who had the time to read and respond!
Old March 29th, 2023, 8:21 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevyorlando
Hello everyone,

I’m hoping/praying someone can help me out or point me in the right direction. I have a Chevrolet Orlando 2012 which is a Canadian model only car. They may make this in Europe too but was never released to the US.

My transmission or clutch maybe have gone but locating parts for this is impossible. The Orlando has a 2.4l ecotec engine but this vehicle with this engine is the only one with a manual 6 speed transmission. I don’t know what to do and I’m hoping someone can help me out.

Added information about my vehicle. I have 75,000km on it and I was pulling out from the street and I suddenly lost power in first gear, I managed to coast to the side of the road. My shifter goes into all the gears and even reverse but I get no power, the vehicle does not move. Clutch was not slipping at all. In order to see what is fully wrong, the transmission needs to be taken apart but at this point if I can’t find the parts, is it useless to get a mechanic to do all the work?

Thank you everyone who had the time to read and respond!
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...mission-manual
Old March 29th, 2023, 10:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately rockauto does not carry all the parts for the clutch and what makes matters worse is the car wasn’t even released to the US market…..I’m afraid I might have to scrap the car which only has 75,000km