Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2013 gmc sierra front end squeak and hum

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2015, 8:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 gmc sierra front end squeak and hum

Hey so I'm experiencing a hum and a small squeak from my front end of my 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3, sounds like the driver side. So far ive changed the outer tie rods on both sides since they needed to be replaced, and checked the inner tie rods and there fine, I checked the hub if there was any play and there isn't,just had replaced the other side before this, checked both the upper and lower control arms on both sides, replaced the one that had play and the rest seem to be fine (No Play in the ball joints, just greased them up). I replaced the cv axle on the passenger side and the driver side seems to be fine (theres a little wear on the boot by the band but that's all) and the only thing I can think of that I haven't done yet are my front shocks. I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone has experienced this or can think of something I had overlooked that could be causing this?

Any Information would be great
Thanks
Old November 3rd, 2015, 8:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and I also have 196000 KM on it, if that helps anyone out