Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2014 Silverado 8" Radio Screen Black Out - Again

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2015, 10:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado 8" Radio Screen Black Out - Again

Just recently picked up a CPO Silverado. The radio screen keeps going Black for no reason. Anyone have a fix that I can share with the dealer other than to keep telling me that it needs to be re-programmed ? Ready to give this new ride the boot and go pick up a Toyota.
Old March 26th, 2016, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black radio screen

I had the same problem on my 2014 Chevrolet Impala LTZ
I took my car to the dealer and was told I needed a number of software updates which I was not happy with the + or - $180.00 bill but understood.
About two weeks later (03-25-2016) the same thing happened so I called the dealer to make another appointment to take in Monday 03-28-2016
Thinking about the problem overnight I checked the car again and found the screen was still black I got out the owner's manual to locate the radio fuse
At first glance the fuse looked good, so I took the fuse out to get a better look, the fuse was not blown. Yet around the edges of the prongs coming out of the plastic fuse shell/body were dark almost black. I tested the fuse and it was not blown.
So I installed a new 15 amp fuse and guess what the radio fully functioned as soon as I started the car. I'm not saying this will fix all of the black radio screens or even mine for the long term but is was simple and is working for now. I will go to the dealer on Monday to have a tech check this out. Best of luck to all of you/us that is experiencing this same problem. ga

Update 04-06-2016 radio is still working. ga

Last edited by garndt; April 6th, 2016 at 6:32 AM. Reason: clean up text